Saturday, May 23, 2015

An awesome review for Nightmarescape

 This is one of the best reviews I've gotten on Nightmarescape so far:

Format:Kindle Edition
When I first started reading this book, I'll admit it took me a few pages to get into it. I've never been much of a fan of the third person pov but with this one, it works. Not to mention the genre, horror hasn't been my go-to read for quite some time now. This being said, it took me until about 25 to 30 percent of the way into this journey to really accept it, to embrace it, but at that point I was all-in. This one will be unforgettable for me, to say the least.
I really got into the characters' minds after initially breaking into the storyline and I never let go of them. They all had their own unique background and each was explained thoroughly. These people, my God. You hate them when you first meet them but you are quickly thrown into their world, fighting alongside them, riding along with them with every turn of every page. The author paints their emotions on his own bleak canvas, and does so flawlessly. The characters are hard to fall in love with at first, but once you get to know them they are nearly impossible to forget.
T.S. Dann has done a great job with this one, I've never really read anything quite like this. It's a totally different approach to all of the psych/ paranormal/ horror/ totally uncategorizable genre that it is. I freaking loved it! Yes, read it!!!
I will read the next in this series, undoubtedly.
Once I finished this book, I realized how much I had adjusted to the different style of Dann's writing and had also come to enjoy it. I look forward to the next in this series, (yes, I was happy to read that it will be a series!) and eagerly anticipate it.
Great first novel, Mr. Dann! Please keep it going!

Thanks, and don't worry...book 2 is well under way and will be continuing the saga in the most brutal and grandiose of fashions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment